What is Impact Investing?
Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investing has the potential to be a trillion-dollar market by 2020.
Who is making Impact Investments?
A growing number of fund managers, venture capital firms, angel investors, corporate venture capital groups, family offices, institutional and individual investors, and foundations are investing for impact.
What Attracts Impact Investment?
Different investor types have different motivations for impact investing. However, there are several common traits that investors seek.
How Do You Measure Impact?
Arguably, the most important – and difficult – part of impact investing is measurement and evaluation of social and environmental impact.
- Follow our Medium Blog for the latest findings and analysis
- Impact Alpha provides daily updates on impact investment news
- The Global Impact Investing Network
- The Case Foundation supports impact investing in practice and policy
- Omidyar Network supports entrepreneurs committed to advancing social good
- Toniic– the global action community for impact investors
- US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
- Social Capital Markets (SOCAP), a network and annual conference of global innovators, investors, and entrepreneurs
- @SocapMarkets is the official Twitter of SOCAP
- Matthew Weatherley-White @i3impact is a client advisor at The Caprock Group
- @dennisaprice and @davidbank report for @ImpactAlpha
- @NancyPfundDBL is managing partner of DBL Partners, Double Bottom Line Venture Capital
- @RossBaird is the founder of @VillageCapital
- @KristinHull is the CEO and CIO of @NiaInvest
- Rehana Nathoo @rehananathoo is an #impinv adviser formerly with @CaseFoundation, @BNYMellon, and @RockefellerFdn
Who We Follow
- @franseegull is the executive directors of the U.S. Impact Investing Alliance
- @Cathyhc of @CASEatDuke, Duke University’s social enterprise and impact investing initiative
- @JeanCase is the CEO of @CaseFoundation
- Matthew Weatherley-White @i3impact
- @dennisaprice and @davidbank of @ImpactAlpha
- @NancyPfundDBL of DBL Partners
- @RossBaird @VillageCapital
- @KristinHull of @NiaInvest